The tracking of financial transactions is part of every business enterprise. And individuals with certifications such as certified public accountant (CPA), are even more sought after, both by businesses (large and small), and individuals.
Accountants are known for going “by the book” and providing reliable insights and the ability to track what’s really going on within a given organization. As a discipline indispensable for so many types of organizations, accounting can be as sure of a bet as is possible when heading to school. If you’re looking for ways to pursue a degree in accounting while minimizing the cost, be sure to check out our collection of the 50 best accounting scholarships below!
Doctoral Fellowship Program
- Any doctoral accounting student who has completed two or more semesters is eligible. Applicants should have plans to teach at a U.S. university after graduating.
- Doctoral accounting students who plan to teach
Goldberg-Miller Public Finance Scholarship
- This scholarship is for full-time graduate students pursuing a degree related to state/local government finance.
- Full-time graduate students planning to work in state/local government finance.
Financial Women of San Francisco Scholarship
- The Financial Women of San Francisco Scholarship offers undergraduates $10,000, and graduate students $15,000. The scholarships are offered to women in the Bay Area who are studying financial disciplines.
- Accounting students who are women in the Bay Area
Fellowships for Minority Doctoral Students
- Applicants should be minorities, either earned a Master’s degree or have 3 years of accounting experience, and either applied, been accepted, or are in a doctoral accounting program
- Black or African Americans, Hispanic or Latinos, or Native Americans
ACFE Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program
- For Indiana University Bloomington students with a major or minor in accounting, business administration, finance or criminal justice looking to pursue a career in an anti-fraud profession. Must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Indiana University Bloomington students in the aforementioned majors looking to work in anti-fraud.
Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship
- For students pursuing anti-fraud degrees and careers. Can be undergraduates or gradaute students. Must have declared a major in accounting, business administration, finance or criminal justice.
- Undergraduate students, Graduate students in the aforementioned disciplines.
Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship
- This scholarship is for accounting students who want to work in state or local government. They must be U.S. or Canadian residents. Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded annually.
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate accounting students pursuing state or local government positions.
Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship
- This scholarship is for part-time, graduate students studying public administration, finance, (governmental) accounting, economics, or business administration (with specific focus on government). Four awards are offered each year. Applicants must be employed for two years within state or local government.
- Part-time graduate students who have worked for two years in state/local governments.
Minorities in Government Finance
- Here GFOA offers a scholarship for minotirty students in full or part-time graduate or upper-level undergraduate programs studying public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, economics, political science, or business administration (with specific focus on government or nonprofit management). There are no employment requirements.
- Minority Students in the aforementioned degree programs
Massachusetts Society of CPAs Educational Foundation
- MSCPA offers scholarships to Massachusetts accounting students. They range from $2,500-10,000. They have awarded over $1,000,000 since 2006.
- Massachusetts Accounting Students
The Greater Washington Society of CPAs Scholarship Fund
- For accounting students in D.C. attending an approved university. There are 6 $3,000 awards, and two $5,000 awards.
- Accounting students at approved Washington D.C. universities
AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students
- Applicants must be full-time accounting students at either the undergraduate or graduate level. They must also qualify as an underrepresented minority in accounting, and have a GPA over 3.0
- minority undergraduates, minority graduates
John L. Carey Scholarship
- For liberal arts and non-business undergraduate degree holders pursuing a graduate accounting education. Must intend to sit the CPA exam.
- liberal arts, non-business degree holders
Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting Scholarship
- EFWA offers several scholarships for women pursuing accounting degrees. There are different scholarships for different levels of study, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 a year. Each has their own requirements.
- Women in Accounting CCG电子竞技现场直播 Programs
Connecticut Society of CPAs Candidate’s Award
- For Connecticut residents only. To be used to complete the 150-hour educational requirement necessary for the CPA Exam in Connecticut.
- Connecticut residents
AICPA Foundation Scholarship for Future CPAs
- For accounting majors who plan on working as CPAs. Must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate accounting major that has completed at least 30 semester hours or equivalent, with at least 6 hours of accounting course work. Need a major and an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Accounting students
Michigan Accountancy Foundation Scholarships
- MAF offers scholarships to accoutning students at Michigan Universities. Must intend to take the Michigan CPA Exam and become a Michigan CPA. Open to U.S. Citizens or those eligible for permanent employment in the U.S.
- Michigan Accounting Students
Mississippi State University, College of Business Adkerson School of Accounting, Accounting Excellence Scholarships
- For MSU Business students. Can be awarded $20,000 over four years. Must have a 3.0 GPA, among other requirements.
- MSU Business Students
Illinois CPA Society, Accounting Scholarship Program
- For Illinois accounting students who plan to take the CPA exam. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Illinois accounting students
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)
- This scholarship offers up to $4,000 to military spouses. The money can be used towards tuition for licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees. Make sure to check if your program qualifies.
- Military Spouses
Kansas Society of CPAs, Byron Bird Graduate Scholarship
- This award is open to accounting graduate students or accounting graduate candidates at all Kansas universities. Several factors including academic performance are taken into account. Schools are encouraged to select candidates.
- Kansas graduate and graduate candidate accounting students
Alabama Society of CPAs (ASCPA) Educational Foundation
- ASCPA offers several scholarships to accounting students at approved Alabama universities. There are 30 scholarships offered each year, including general (23), diversity (5), and financial need (2).
- Accounting students, minority students, students in financial distress
Educational Foundation of the Colorado Society of CPAs
- For Colorado residents who are in accounting undergraduate or graduate degree programs. Applicants must be student members of the Colorado Society of CPAs and attend a qualifying Colorado university or college.
- Colorado residents attending an approved Colorado accounting program
Florida Institute of CPAs
- For Florida accounting students attending FICPA partner schools. Must have a 3.0 GPA and intend on taking the CPA exam, among other requirements.
- Florida accounting students attending partner schools.
Vets covered for CPA exam
- For veterans covered by the G.I. Bill. You can use part of your entitlement to pay for up to $2,000 in test fees, including the CPA exam.
- Veterans that qualify for the G.I. Bill
Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Arizona CPA Foundation for Education and Innovation offers several opportunities to accounting students at Arizona colleges and universities. There are scholarships for public schools, private schools, and for high schoolers.
- High school, college, private, public Arizona accounting students
Maryland Society of Accountants Scholarship Foundation
- MSA offers scholarships to full and part-time accounting students at accredited Maryland institutions. You can earn between $1,000-2,000 per year, for up to $8,000 max. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Maryland Accounting students
NABA Scholarship Programs
- NABA offers scholarships to black students who are NABA members in good standing and enrolled or accepted at undergraduate/graduate accounting, finance, or business programs. There are unique requirements for individual awards.
- African, African-American, Caribbean, etc. students in the aformentioned programs
University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) KPMG Accounting Scholarship
- For junior or senior students at the University of Alaska studying accounting. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.2.
- Upper-level accounting students at the University of Alaska.
Idaho Society of CPAs Scholarship
- For Idaho accounting juniors or seniors. One of the three awards will be for a graduate student.
- Idaho accounting students
Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants, MSCPA Scholarship Program
- For accounting students at Missouri colleges and universities. High school seniors can be awarded $500. College and minority scholarships are worth $1,000.
- Minorities, Accounting Students, High Schoolers
Montana Society of Certified Public Accountants Scholarship
- For accounting students at qualifying Montana universities and colleges. Seven awards are offered each year. Must have a 3.0 GPA, among other requirements.
- Montana accounting students
Minnesota Association of Public Accountants
- For Minnesota accounting students. Award amount varies depending on accepted applicants. For undergraduates entering their junior year.
- Minnesota Accounting Students
Wiley CPAexcel Scholarship
- $500 and/or a free CPA exam course
- This scholarship is for full or part-time students taking at least one accounting class. It’s best suited for students who plan on taking the CPA exam.
- Full or part-time accounting students
National Society of Accountants (NSA) Scholarship Foundation
- The NSA Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for undergraduate accounting students enrolled at 2 or 4-year programs. Each award has individual requirements.
- Undergradute Accounting Students
Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting
- ALPFA offers a variety of scholarships to Hispanic students or those with DACA status enrolled in undergraduate or graduate Business, Accounting, Finance or STEM programs. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA. Demonstrated financial need and first or second-generation students are prioritized.
- Hispanic or DACA students enrolled in the aformentioned majors
University of Alaska Fairbanks
- There are hundreds of scholarships for University of Alaska students. There are specific opportunities for Alaska residents, non-Alaska residents, and WUE non-residents.
- University of Alaska students from various locations.
Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Student Education Fund Scholarship
- The Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants offers several scholarship opportunites for college and university students nominated by accounting department heads at qualifying accounting degree programs. These scholarships are primarily for Arkansas students at Arkansas universities.
- Arkansas accounting students at qualifying programs and schools nominated by head of accouting departments.
California Society of CPAs
- CalCPA students can qualify for scholarships depending on the chapter they’re a member of. All applicants must be student members of CalCPA.
- CalCPA student members
Connecticut Society of CPAs
- For Connecticut resident accounting students. There’s a range of requirements and awards.
- Connecticut residents
Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- For Georgia accounting students. Some scholarships may require membership in GSCPA chapters.
- Georgia accounting students.
Hawaii Community Foundation, Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants Scholarship Fund
- For Hawaii residents with a demonstrated financial need. Must attend a two or four-year not for profit university in the U.S.
- Hawaiian residents
Illinois CPA Society
- For Illinois accounting students, the ICPAS offers numerous scholarships. In total, approximately $200,000 is awarded each year. Make sure to closely explore scholarship requirements for each award.
- Illinois accounting students
University of Iowa Tippie College of Business Scholarships
- For Tippie Business School students throughout their academic careers. There are a number of awards with different requirements.
- University of Iowa Tippie Business School students
Kansas Society of CPAs
- There are several awards offered to Kansas accounting students through the KSPCA. There’s unique criteria for each award.
- Kansas accounting students
National Society of Accountants Scholarship Foundation
- The National Society of Accountants offers several rewards to accounting students who are American or Canadian citizens. Applicants need a 3.0 GPA. They must also be undergraduate accounting majors at two or four-year American colleges or universities.
- Accounting students, American and Canadian Citizens, American university students
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA offers several scholarships and forms of aid. Its AICPA Legacy Scholar offers students up to $10,000 for accounting school. They also let students search national scholarship opportunities through their website
- Accounting students
New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- For NJ high schoolers and college upperclassmen pursuing an accounting education in New Jersey. Scholarships are awarded based on GPA, personal essay, and personal interview. There’s also a scholarship for minority college students at the sophomore, junior, and senior levels.
- NJ high schoolers, NJ accounting students, NJ minority accounting students
New York Society of CPAs, Excellence in Accounting Scholarship Fund
- For accounting students in New York. Various chapters award different amounts per individual scholarships. Must meet requirements, including a declared accounting major, GPA of 3.0 or above, and more.
- New York State accounting students
North Carolina Association of CPAs, Foundation Scholarships
- For accounting students in North Carolina. $1,500 is awarded to community college students, $2,000 to undergraduate students, and $2,500 to graduate students. All applicants must be NCACPA members (free membership) to apply for a scholarship, and meet other requirements.